A panel session at the DCIS 2017 conference held in Barcelona was co-organized with the IEEE CEDA Spain Chapter last November 22nd. The panel session was mainly aimed to young Spanish professionals of the IEEE CASS, providing career orientation after completing the Ph.D. Five panelists from industry and academia were invited providing their own personal experience and different viewpoints, which were discussed with the audience. The panelists were:
- David Atienza (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland)
- Ignasi Cairó (Witeklab SL, Spain)
- Jaime Ramirez Angulo (New Mexico State University, USA)
- Lluis Terés (Instituto de Microelectrónica de Barcelona, Spain)
- Dietmar Straeussnigg (Infineon Technologies, Germany).
The panel session was chaired by Prof. Antonio Lopez Martin, who is the present chair of the Spain Chapter of IEEE-CASS, as well as Prof. Francisco Fernández, current chair of the Spain Chapter of IEEE CEDA.